We would like to reassure our service users that we have put in place local and national plans to manage the impact of coronavirus on our services, ensuring vital support is maintained while also keeping everyone as safe as possible. We are keeping regularly updated on the situation and following guidance from Public Health Wales.
To ensure that we are able to continue to support our beneficiaries we are working Wales-wide to coordinate our response. We have appointed a team within the organisation to deal with Covid 19 issues and this is led by Judith Major who is the National Coordinator.
Part of our strategy is to continue to promote and deliver Hafal’s Promise which provides continuous support, advice and friendship to people beyond our services via our online community, email, phone and social media.
The wellbeing of our clients and staff remains our priority. We are taking all necessary precautions and will be reviewing the situation and updating our information regularly.
- If you have any queries then please contact our National Coordinator Judith Major by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Head Office on 01792 816600.
- For key information on staying safe please visit the NHS coronavirus page. https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/coronavirus(2019ncov)/
Pembs Carers Information & Support Service
Hafal Crossroads are commissioned by Hywel Dda University Health Board and Pembrokeshire County Council to deliver a Carers Information and Outreach Service to Carers in Pembrokeshire.
The service is provided by Hafal Crossroads, an organisation that has over 25 years experience of supporting Carers in Pembrokeshire. We recognise that each caring situation is unique and Carers have many different needs. Our friendly and experienced team understand what it’s like to be a Carer and can give you information and advice to help you in your caring role.
3 out of 5 of us will become a Carer at some point in our lives and, whether you need information, support or just someone to talk to, we are here for you.
Pembrokeshire Carers Information and Support Service is the first point of contact for Carers over the age of 18 .
Offices are closed to the public until further notice due to the COVID-19 situation. PCISS will continue to run as full a service as possible within the guidelines according to government/NHS advice. Carers in Pembrokeshire will continue to have a dedicated service, providing information and support to help them in their caring role as follows:
Carers Drop-in Centre
Until further notice the Carers Drop –in Service is suspended. Should you wish to have a chat or obtain information please contact staff via;
Phone: 01437 611002. The service will be available 9am-8pm Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm Saturday & Sunday.
Write: PCISS, Crossroads House, 37 Merlins Hill, Haverfordwest, SA61 1PE
Carers Information Pack
Information packs will still be available through the postal service. This will provide carers with basic information about support and services available that might help them in their caring role. If you have further questions please ring, email or write to PCISS using the number/addresses provided above.
A quarterly newsletter containing news, information and articles of interest to unpaid Carers.
Download your copy here: www.hafal.org/crossroads
Carers Emergency Back-up Scheme
A card designed to fit in a purse or pocket, containing a 24hr contact number, identifying the carrier as a Carer and alerting others to the fact that someone relies on them for care and support.
In the event of an accident or emergency, a call to the emergency response service will ensure that care support is provided at home until the Carer is able to return home or other arrangements can be made.
These can still be requested by contacting PCISS.
Carers Recognition Card
Available with or without the Emergency Care card, this card identifies the carrier as an unpaid Carer and allows them to benefit from discounts offered by local businesses and retailers, and access the Pembrokeshire Passport to Leisure scheme, which gives unpaid Carers a discount on activities on offer at all leisure centres in the county.
These can still be requested by contacting PCISS.
Carers Outreach Service
Face to face appointments will not be available until further notice. Carers who’d like to discuss their situation with an experienced adviser can ring, email or write to PCISS staff. Staff are able to provide information on a wide range of topics including:
- Carers Rights
- Respite care and practical support
- Legal advice
- Benefits and financial advice
- Community and Carers support
- Grant funding (where available)
- Employment and training
- Support groups
- And other services that may help unpaid carers and their families
To find out more, please call 01437 611002 or email PCISS@hafal.org
You can also follow us on Twitter: @PCISS11
And on Facebook
Other useful websites / online resources:
- hafal.org – information on Hafal’s services across Wales
- hafal.org/coronavirus/ – information on maintaining wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak including a link to our ‘five top tips’ for overcoming anxiety
- hafal.org/services/carers/ – Hafal’s Carers’ Hub including our ten-point guide for carers and information on the Social Services and Wellbeing Act
- mentalhealthwales.net – key information on carer’s assessments and the Social Services and Wellbeing Act
- carersuk.org/wales – advice and information for carers in Wales
- nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/support-and-benefits-for-carers/benefits-for-carers/ – information on benefits for carers
- phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/ – he latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak and information on how to stay safe from Public Health Wales
- Hafal provides constant updates on its social media pages: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Hafal also runs a moderated online community – Clic – providing a safe space for people to connect and make friends